Friday, January 8, 2016

Gun Nuts Basically Have No Critical Thinking Skills: Two Charts Explain Why

Guns Worldwide: We Are Number One
[click to enlarge graph]

American Deaths Since 9/11
(Guns vs. Terrorist Attacks)


From CNN filesDeath and guns in the USA: The story in six graphs.

The two charts above are the two I wanted to focus on to counter the NRA and GOP PR hype about gun deaths and the need to have “more” not “less” guns to stop the gun-related killings.

I can’t figure out their “logic” that they apply that says: “We need more guns to stop the growing number of gun deaths…!!” Seems to me that more means more.  
It seems to follow the old logic of cutting personnel hired then advocating “we can do more with less.” I always thought you did less with less? 

And, yes, I understand robots can do the work that five people used to do, or that computers have speeded up data keeping and such, but what about the people who did those jobs. 

However, on this topic I wonder if any high-level NRA official types or GOPer in elected office has ever lost a loved one to gun violence and if so, were they heavily armed or not, and if not, why not? 


I’m done now. More good stuff at the CNN link above. Enjoy.


No comments: