Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Senators Up for Reelection and Six More Years: Caution Needed in Each Case

Blue (10 DEM seats) ; Red (24 GOP seats): Up for Reelection

Typical GOPer Incumbent Seeking Votes
(Mike Pence in Indiana)

GOP Senators up for reelection this cycle may rely on this campaign slogan that goes something like this: 

“Vote for me and I will totally, lock-step, and 100% support our leader, Sen. Mitch McConnell in his pledge not to do anything until after January 20, 2017, when a Republican takes over the Oval Office from that fake phony Muslim now sitting there illegally. 

These are my specific promises:

(1) I will 100% not support any Obama Supreme Court nominee; (2) I will oppose and vote no on any funding for Planned Parenthood; (3) I will absolutely continue to oppose and work to repeal Obama-care – that job-killer; (4) I will stand for a new AUMF against Syria; and, (5) and for sure I will work to hold more commission investigations of Benghazi until we nail Hillary Clinton.

That is my pledge to you and the American people. Please send your campaign contribution to me ASAP.

Now this short clip update from the GOP “leader” – Sen. Mitch McConnell – more details here:

Just hours after Justice Antonin Scalia’s death, McConnell announced that he would confirm no one President Obama nominates to fill the seat, adding in part: “This vacancy should not be filled until we have a new President.”

Now, however, McConnell appears to be having second thoughts — not about blocking Mr. Obama’s nominee per se since he is fully committed to that position, but about whether it is a good idea to allow the next president to fill the seat either.

Wow. Stay tuned – it ain’t over till it’s over.

Thanks for coming by.

No comments: